You deserve the best care available–in all capacities. In addition to treating a patient’s physical disease, we provide Social Workers to assist patients and their families with the emotional and practical challenges of dealing with cancer or other life threatening illnesses.
Support services offered at each practice include individual, family and group counseling, financial counseling including information about community, state and federal resources and assistance programs, together with other helpful data about wigs, transportation and prescription assistance programs.
Could our Counseling Services be of Benefit to You?
- Have you ever wondered if a professional counselor could help you work through personal or family conflict?
- Do you need assistance with illness related treatment choices or decision-making?
- Is serious illness affecting your ability to meet the needs of your family?
- Are you worried about how illness in the family is affecting your children?
- Are you a spouse or loved one of someone who is seriously ill and wanting someone to talk to about your situation?
- Are you having difficulty managing the financial/emotional strains of caring for a disabled person?
- Does depression or anxiety interrupt normal sleeping/eating habits?
- Do you or someone you know have a substance abuse problem?
- Are you frustrated by some aspect of your health care environment?
If you answered “YES” to any of the questions above, you might benefit from meeting with one of our social services representatives. For more information, or to schedule an appointment with the social worker assigned to your practice, please ask a member of your care team.