When seeking healthcare in the area, you are not alone. We are pleased to have two Oncology Nurse Navigators as part of our cancer care team to help patient and families through the complex world of cancer screening, diagnosis, treatment, and follow up care. Both of our Nurse Navigators are certified oncology nurses and will be a wonderful resource for all questions relating to your care. Your oncologist or counseling team can contact our Nurse Navigator to assist you, or you can reach out to us directly on your own.
CSNF Oncology Nurse Navigators provide:
- Educational and emotional support through face to face contact with patient and family before and after diagnosis.
- Rapid scheduling and coordination of consultations with surgery, medical oncology, and radiation oncology.
- Helpful information to patients about their specific cancer treatment options
- Assistance in reviewing the advice of the patient’s doctor
- Assistance in linking patients to support services offered through the American Cancer Society and other agencies, home health agencies, hospice, and support groups.
- Access to various oncology literature’s
- Medical and radiation will contact our nurse navigator on your behalf to help facilitate your care.
- The Nurse Navigator will schedule your tests, specialist and surgical appointments as directed by your oncologist.
- The Nurse Navigator will contact you within 24-48 hours to introduce herself, review your appointments, and answer any questions that you have. She will be your primary point of contact throughout your appointments.
- All notes regarding appointments and conversations are kept in your Patient Portal electronic health record.
- If any tests are needed, the Nurse Navigator can meet you at the medical center, if schedule allows.
- The Nurse Navigator will follow your test results or consult appointment notes and obtain any outside documentations for you and your oncologist.
- If a cancer diagnosis is confirmed, you are not alone. Our Nurse Navigator will collaborate with your oncologist on referrals to surgery, medical oncology, and/or radiation oncology. You will hear directly from your oncologist regarding your test results and our Nurse Navigator will help you with next steps and any needed appointments, as directed by your oncologists.
We can help you determine which type of doctor or services you need, both within CSNF and outside of our organization, if required.